Bimini Tops

Outside

No, no luck with repairs. It cannot be put back together so we're going to order another new one from the marina where we bought the boat. This is the same place that we purchased one from last year, the first replacement. They marked up the last one a nice 60%. We found out accidentally when Godfrey sent the top COD UPS and our UPS guy asked for the total which was almost $200.00 less than what I had paid directly to the marina upon ordering so I refused the deliver (stupid me). After realizing what had taken place I tracked down the driver and we tried to get it re-released to me but it had already been posted and had to be returned to Godfrey. Anyway, it was resent and we intended to call the owner of the marina to discuss but never did. I know they're in business to make a profit but that was poor business relations to mark something up so much to a past customer. We are somewhat new to boating so what do you all think?

Such is life............

Linda

Just trying to clarify. Had you paid the marina and then saw the bill from the UPS driver and it was $200.00 less? Were the delivery costs added in by the marina when you paid them and that was why it was higher or did UPS try to collect for the merchandise and delivery or just delivery?
The bottom line is hobbies are expensive sometimes. I just don't drink bottled water and gave up smoking so I could spend my money on things that last much longer. :surf:

Outside

Just trying to clarify. Had you paid the marina and then saw the bill from the UPS driver and it was $200.00 less? Were the delivery costs added in by the marina when you paid them and that was why it was higher or did UPS try to collect for the merchandise and delivery or just delivery?
The bottom line is hobbies are expensive sometimes. I just don't drink bottled water and gave up smoking so I could spend my money on things that last much longer. :surf:

Yes, I paid it via Am/Ex and when it came (by accident) COD the cost that the Godfrey was charging for the top was $200.00 less than what we paid to the marina on our Am/Ex. It was strictly by accident that it was found out as the shipper, Godfrey acted in error by not realizing it had previously been paid for.
That is how we realized the markup.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
It's still too bad you haven't been able to find a shop that will just replace the canvas, as I'm sure the hardware is fine.

-Chris

Outside

I agree with you Chris but too much damage has been done. Each section that is separated by a seam or zipper has been affected.

It would appear that the $200 is the amount the marina charged for ordering the top. It would be usual for them to make something on the sale for their handling of order. The company that got it from may not deal directly with customers and only use a distributor. If they do deal directly, you'll know who to go to next time. Hopefully there will not be a next time. The whole thing sucks!