getting a way

nathan

Well my wife decided to take a weekend off of work (she works at academy). So I decided it was time to get away as a family. so next weekend we are taking dad's new truck, his travel trailer and go camping. the funny part is that when I asked april were she wanted to go her answer was Waco. so we are going back to Waco for the weekend. should be fun just wished we had a boat to take but I am going to get back on the pontoon when I get back.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like fun Nathan. :)

It's getting too cold up here now for camping unless you're the adventuresome type.

Have fun. :thumb:

-Chris

nathan

it is cooling down here too. it should get down to the lower 90s to upper 80s :rof:
but at least the rain chances look to be gone for the trip.

Peels

34 degrees at night right now up here.. no way Ill get my mrs. to go camping. LOL

I'M about 50/50 that the boat is getting put away :(

Sean

We went out Saturday with the "boat club" to run the Severn river from Hwy 11 to the big Chute lock. Forecast said "some scattered showers" ... so, 12 boats set out in a light "spit" of rain. Within 15 minutes (at 9:30 AM ) the heavens opened up and didn't stop till 3:30 PM. I don't have a roof! So we put up our umbrella and toughed it out. We got totally soaked! there's not a dry spec in that boat anywhere and as she's a woody, I've NEVER had her out in that weather.

2 more events till the end of the season... but if there's a nice day before then... I'm goin' boatin'.

Sean

I'm not an outboard fan at all.
Expensive to buy, expensive "proprietary" parts, expensive to service (except regular maintenance) and not a great look aesthetically imho.

Sean

My neighbour has a 2000 Checkmate with a 250 HP Yamaha blender on the back. Yamaha is a pretty respectable motor and this one gets ALL the maintenance but, for some reason it squeaked.

They said it was an $8000 job to rebuild it. A new power head is $6500. I don't know what the cost is to replace the thing but, I do know a small block Mercruiser (Chevy) can be rebuilt professionally with new parts for $1500. I can do that for less too.

nathan

we had a great family outing. had a few people come by to say hi that we are friends with from our time in Waco. my Girls got to go swimming with their best friends that they have not seen since we left. The only thing that would have made it better is if we had a boat to bring along.

here is our set up for the weekend.

Night time

the girls swimming! them having fun is what it is all about

one more just because