Apparently, I'm not cured....

Sean

I just happened by this little 15' Greavette outboard...
It's just like the first real boat (read not an aluminum fishing boat with a 9.9hp) I was ever in, and it's in fantastic shape.

Now, I'm a Greavette guy anyways. Not usually an o/b man but, I have not seen one of these 15.5' boats in over 30 years. Now, I still have my Greavette Sunflash and last fall I acquired a 1965 16' Donzi Ski Sporter (project). I have lots to do. I don't really need another boat and I don't know what I'd do with a 40Hp lapstrake covered deck o/b.

So, I just opened a dialogue... probably a dangerous thing to do at the best of times but, this week is my 25th anniversary. To add to the tension I'm still out of work so, there's no way I should be getting a new boat, right.

Well, I guess the other guys' need to move this little gem outweighed my resistance to keep my mouth shut and we bartered. I gave up my rib-less cedar canoe (project) and one of my USA Fender Telecaster electric guitars (I still have several left) and VOILA! I'm an owner of another wooden boat.

This will be interesting on several fronts... :) Stay tuned.

Peels

guitar player heh? cool. I play as well.

ill take one since you have "several" AND.... you're giving them away LOL.

good luck with your sickness. :)

Sean

I'm not a guitar player... I just like building them !

Well, I think the new addition will be a factory-exact restoration for the boat shows as there's really not much to do except clean, paint & varnish. Well, I'll need to add a 1961 35 - 45 HP outboard.

Peels

I'm not a guitar player... I just like building them !

well then, you wont miss one or two.. should they float my way :)

VERY cool hobby. I used to be into restoring/modifying them. I think I had 10 or so guitars at one time...But I sold most of my electric guitar stuff to get into atv's. I had a HUGE crate blue voodoo full stack amp...When we moved into town, I could barely turn it to 3 without neighbors raising an eyebrow....that wasn't a problem when we lived out in the sticks. Now, I mainly play acoustic, mostly classical guitar...

Still have my electric blue ibanez that we shoehorned EMG active pickups into. That thing WAS awesome. I get it out about once a year, play a bunch of old rock and Metallica riffs really loud, then put it away. The strings were really corroded this time. It needs some help the next time I get it out.

cheers.

Peels

My Nephew is in the BIZ on the west coast... I built one of his many guitars. he tells me it's one of his fave's.

http://www.raincityrockers.com/

awesome, cool to hear about something of yours doing something cool.

That blue voodoo amplifier I had, is still being used by a touring christian rock band. that was 10 years ago.... The guy that plays it tells me he has to turn it way down or he drowns out the rest of the band. :) I miss that.

Sean

I just have a small Fender amp... good enough for a few "Power Chords" whenever I finish a project. :)

Sean

I don't know whether I should be happy or sad...

My little o/b Greavette deal went south. I packed up the canoe and the guitar then drove 2.5 hours to get there. The other party had decided he did not like the canoe...so, the deal fell flat. He tried to spin me into leaving cash but I didn't really want the boat THAT bad and I really have no need for it. It was cute... that's all. (There's a negotiation lesson in there somewhere)

I left the canoe up north at a friends who will fix it over time. That's okay because I looked at it for over three years and never did a thing to it.

This also means I don't have to sell my soul and buy an outboard motor... phew!

Another bonus is I can spend more efforts on my Donzi project! :)

I suppose happy is better than sad. Oh, well.