Funky Steering

tazman

I've got a 1989 21' four winns. When I got it ti had a 175 hp Johnson, it blew up. The motor was replaced with a 1999 150 hp Johnson. As soon as it is put in gear, it pulls to the right. When you accelerate, it really pulls to the right and the boat tips badly to the right. Any Ideas? Thanks.

Rylan777

I've got a 1989 21' four winns. When I got it ti had a 175 hp Johnson, it blew up. The motor was replaced with a 1999 150 hp Johnson. As soon as it is put in gear, it pulls to the right. When you accelerate, it really pulls to the right and the boat tips badly to the right. Any Ideas? Thanks.
9 years later I have the same problem. What helped?
2017 mercury outboard 90 hp (1F904531D and 2B393883) on a 2017 Suntracker 21 foot pontoon boat. Suddenly motor started pulling hard to the right. Just before this started happening I bumped into a boat dock (not too hard) and then I was fishing around submerged trees and a boat wave lifted my pontoon boat up and dropped me on the tree (pretty hard). I checked this condition out on the web and people said the trim tab needs to be adjusted. However, This motor doesn't have one right above the prop like other motors. The one that is there is flat with no fin on it. (76214 part number for trim tab)