Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Direct Energy Center - Toronto, Ontario - January 14, 2010

Well, yesterday marked the date for our annual trip down to the Toronto International Boat Show.

We're enjoying a very welcomed mild spell here in Toronto, mild translating into temperatures a few degrees above celsius. :p But unlike most years at this time of January, the weather is at least hinting that the spring of 2010 isn't too far away.

We have close to a couple of hundred pictures that we've taken and the plan is to post a few every few days or so. Hopefully, we've taken enough to tide us over until the ice goes out!

I hope you enjoy our little 2010 TIBS pictorial and thanks as always to Yolie for snapping the shots. :thumb:

-Chris

Attachments

• 2010-TIBS-1.jpg
    2010-TIBS-1.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 4

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a few shots of the front entrance area at the Direct Energy Center.

This complex, is actually comprised of a few buildings, some of which are linked together.

This particular buidling also contains the RICOH coliseum, where the Toronto Maple Leafs' AHL farm team the Toronto Marlies play.

Next door to this building and on the same grounds is BMO Field where Toronto FC of the MLS play.

http://forums.endlessboating.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/2515

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
There were less boats and booths out front the entrance this year. A few years back, the AOMC gang had a really nice booth outside the entrance with a display of some nice vintage outboards. Hopefully we'll catch up with them this summer at an event or two. :)

There was a nice Princecraft parked out in the entrance area, which teased us to what we would find inside. Ah spring, it can't come fast enough! :)

Fun Times

As always Chris this looks like it will be another interesting thread that you are about to display.:thumb: Thanks.:drool:

Did you see the new Cobalt A25 With the swim step that lowers down?

I talked to one of our salesman that had seen this boat in the R&D area while at cobalt, And he said to build that boat it takes a extra long time to make it because of the way they need to build it in sections in order to get the lines on the sides of the boat to work or basically blend in together for using that new style swim step. The salesman said it was hard to see the molding lines in this photo from what he can remember seeing and what the cobalt team was talking about while he was at the factory for dealer meeting.

4270321358_580222975d_o.jpg

4269576771_e3bbe2bfe6_o.jpg

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hey BT,

I'm not sure if we got any shots of that model or not. Pretty cool feature though, first time I've seen or heard about it to be honest. So thanks for the tidbit.

We always missing something, no matter how much time we spend at the show - it's pretty big. :eyecrazy:

I'll have a look through our pics and see what we've got. I have to work them over a bit before they're ready to post.

-Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a few shots of the St. Martin Powerboats display.

What's interesting about these guys, is that they build a Checkmate Playmate clone that they call the F-13. They also have added a couple of other models that are similar looking called a F11 and a F15.

Here are a few shots of the display. :)

Here is the F11, which is a 11' model - it had a max H.P. rating of 15. :)

yolanda

Official EB Photographer!
Well, as usual....going to the Boat Show makes me feel two things.....I want summer and I want to go for a boat ride and waterskii.

Taking that many pictures and not having captured everything amazes me just how much work goes into these shows. It is neat to see the pictures through your eyes Chris as it did for me taking them.

Fun show and lots to look at....look forward to seeing more pictures on the site.

Dale

Chris,

Thanks for the posting of all the pics. This all good stuff. Keep them coming. :cheers:

I looking forward to the Los Angeles show in February.

I'm hoping that Cobalt that Boat Tech posted pictures of is there. I would like to see that up close.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Chris,

Thanks for the posting of all the pics. This all good stuff. Keep them coming. :cheers:

I looking forward to the Los Angeles show in February.

I'm hoping that Cobalt that Boat Tech posted pictures of is there. I would like to see that up close.
You're very welcome - glad you're enjoying them.

And thanks again for all your time and effort that you put in with the Larson Brochures. I'm spending a bit of time cleaning up each page in Photoshop, I hope you and everyone is enjoying seeing them.

It's making for a really nice feature here on the board, and I'm sure will be enjoyed by many for years to come, so thanks again.

If you take some pics at the L.A. boat show, let me know and we can put something together and get those put up in the gallery and forums. :)

-Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a few shots of the F-13 model, which is essentially a reworked Checkmate Playmate GT. :devil:

yolanda

Official EB Photographer!
Can't wait till you post the pictures of the Merc engines....now that is amazing....the power and the beauty of those engines....nothing can compare.

If you do go to the show in Los Angeles take pictures so we can compare the boats and have fun.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a couple more of the F13. :thumb:

Here's a shot of the interior.

And here's a shot of the sign for the F13 & F15. :)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
One of the hi-lites of the show for me the last few years has been the combo Tuff Marine and J-Craft booth. I got to spend a bit of time chewing the fat with Chris Spaeth (Inline Six) and Mark Weigl from Tuff Marine this year, which was fun.

Here's few shots of one of Mark's boats, a Tuff 16. This boat was absolutely stunning in person. The gel work as you would expect was flawless.

john lamon

Hey Chris, thanks for helping us get through the winter with these pics, were there any Avengers in the show:poke: