Notices

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Google Search
Old 01-16-2011, 10:00 PM  
Administrator

Cool 2011 Toronto International Boat Show Coverage

Direct Energy Center - Toronto, Ontario - January 16, 2011

Today marked the day when we take our annual trip to the Toronto International Boat Show.

The weather was quite cold with the temperatures hovering around -12 Celsius and with the windchill supposedly it felt like -20 Celsius - at least that's what the weatherman was saying as we parked the truck.

Thankfully, the annual Toronto International Boat Show on this day, would provide a small reprieve from the winter of 2011 and hopefully a small reminder of warmer weather which we hope is soon to come!

Our trusty photographer Yolanda is along once again this year, although she's quite under the weather, so "Your's Truly" will be entrusted to do the photography duty this year. Hopefully I did alright.

Given that this was the last day of the show and also a Sunday, things were quite busy. I did my best to get some decent shots, which was a bit challenging given the crowds.

I'll upload a few each few day over the coming weeks - hopefully I've got enough to make it until spring.

I hope you enjoy the pics!

-Chris

Extras
New Article
New Reply

Boat Show & Event Coverage
« Previous | Next »
You Rated this Thread:

Old 01-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Administrator
You can see by the picture, the show was really busy. And keep in mind, this was actually outside of the show itself in the lobby area of the Direct Energy Center.

In the lobby area, the Toronto chapter of the Antique & Classic Boat Society had a beautiful display of some vintage wooden boats on display.

This first boat was a 22' W.J. Johnston. You can probably make out a few of the details on the placard in the picture.

Edit
Old 01-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Administrator
There were a couple of antique small race boats in the Antique Boat Display.

Here's the first of the two.

Edit
Old 01-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Administrator
Here is another seaflea type antique racer.

This boat is actually an antique "A" Stock Runabout.

Edit
Old 01-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Official EB Photographer!
Well, I can truly say that I was under the weather both because of the Winter Chill but also having the flu and feeling like death warmed over......but nothing no nothing could keep me away from the Boat Show, it's a tradition you know! Like putting in the boat for the first time of the season.

I want to thank Chris for his valiant effort in taking the pictures and you did a wonderful job.....couldn't have asked for more. And from the pictures I managed to see you take it looks like they will be of great interest. Here's to you kid for a job well done

Hopefully, everyone that did attend the boat show had a great time and for just a little bit forgot the chill, snow and gloomy sky. I now want summer more that ever or I'll be happy just with an early warm Spring.

Roger and Out and back to my sick bed.
Edit
Old 01-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Administrator
Here's one last one of the antique racer.

Here are some shots of a runabout that was part of the display. I believe it was made by Duke Boats and was a Canadian Nymph.

Edit
Old 01-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Administrator
Here's a few more of the Duke.

Edit
Old 01-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Administrator
Here's a few shot of an antique sailboat that was part of the display.

Edit
Old 01-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Administrator
Here are some shots of a really beautiful 24' Leader Launch that as on display.

Edit
Old 01-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Administrator
Here are a few shots of the motor and also the original bill of sale which is pretty neat.

Edit